3rd Annual Miles for Ministry Fundraiser
October 1 – 3, 2021
Moving Together Challenge
This year for our annual Miles for Ministry fundraiser, we’re challenging our individual and community supporters to both move together and give together with our Moving Together Challenge.
When you donate or register for the challenge, you will be signed up to receive a weekly motivation written by people from the HSHC community (scripture verse, short reflection, and questions for contemplation) as well as health tips on each of the 5 Wednesdays in September leading up to our Miles for Ministry fundraiser weekend.
Living Into the Abundant Life of Health and Wholeness
- Support The Work of Healthy Seminarians – Healthy Church AND Make Strides Along Your Personal Journey
- Receive 5 Weekly Motivation Emails On How Movement Enhances Life
- Participate In The Moving Together Challenge October 1st Through 3rd
MAKE YOUR MOVE TODAY!
Register Your Team!
- Recruit your friends to reflect, move, and give together. Click here to register.
- Your combined gift sustains the work of HSHC.
- Click here to give online.
- Checks can be mailed to: Healthy Seminarians-Healthy Church, 4600 Old William Penn Hwy, Murrysville, PA, 15668.
You will receive encouragement for your personal movement knowing that your gift supports the work of HSHC.
MOVING TOGETHER CHALLENGE OVERVIEW
1. Create a team (2 or more people) with your friends, family, people from church, etc.
2. Pick an activity – a group walk, run, hike, bike ride, stretching, chair yoga, gardening, playing with children, or any other kind of physical movement that you can do together!
3. Schedule a time to move together October 1st through 3rd and share your results with the HSHC Community via the Results page on givesignup.org.
4. Join others from across the country in fundraising to reach our goal of $15,000. Participants are encouraged to fundraise or donate at least $25 per person. You will set your individual goal when you register for the challenge.
Prizes will be awarded to:
- The team that fundraises the most!
- The team with the largest number of participants!
Teams will win a 1-hour online “Healthy Living” workshop with our Executive Director, Karen Webster.
Workshop options include: a plant-based cooking demo, workout/fitness Q&A session, health-oriented Bible study and/or educational class (Body & Health in the Bible, Caring for Self, Stress Management, etc.).
MOVING TOGETHER MOTIVATION
When you register for the challenge, you will:
- Receive a weekly motivation written by people from the HSHC community (scripture verse, short reflection, and questions for your consideration).
- Receive a health tip on each of the 5 Wednesdays in September leading up to our Moving Together Challenge weekend.
Our hope is that this will:
- Encourage you and your team to renew your awareness of, as well as learn some new things about, movement as it relates to our physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, relational, and environmental wellbeing.
- Remind you of the benefits of moving through life with others.
Given the isolation many of us have experienced, we’re using this year’s challenge to celebrate the joy and blessings that come from moving together!
- Team size: Participants must be part of a team consisting of at least two people with one person designated as the “Team Leader”. You are welcome to form a “virtual team” with people in different geographical locations, but please pick a specific activity to do together – even virtually – during the weekend of October 1st.
- Connect: Teams are encouraged to discuss the weekly reflections together. Again, an important part of the challenge is examining the ways we move – individually and collectively – and building more movement in our daily lives. For example, take some time to reflect on the questions with others leading up to the event – perhaps while practicing for the event, via a Zoom call, social media, text, and beyond!