Press & News
Healthy Seminarians-Healthy Church is pleased to partner with other organizations that promote the health and wellbeing of individuals and all of God’s creation. Take a look at some of our recent work.
Newsletter – You can sign up here* and read past editions below.
* Note: We promise not to spam you, sending only the newsletter (approximately five per year) as well as very occasional emails to keep you up to date on the work of HSHC and offer information to help you and your community live healthier and more abundant lives.
Webster, Travis A. “Does It Have To Make You Sick? Preparing Seminarians for Greater Vocational Health.” DMin diss., Columbia Theological Seminary, 2022.
Campbell, Kelly, and Karen Webster. “Making Libraries an Unexpected Space and Place Supporting Health and Wholeness.” In Summary of Proceedings: Seventy-First Annual Conference of the American Theological Library Association, edited by Miranda Bennett, 153-162. Chicago: American Theological Library Association, 2017.
Webster, Karen H. “Fit to Serve: Making Seminaries Models of Health and Wholeness.” DMin diss., Columbia Theological Seminary, 2016.
Press Releases/Online Articles:
HEALTHY SEMINARIANS-HEALTHY CHURCH RECEIVES GRANT FROM THE T. COLIN CAMPBELL CENTER FOR NUTRITION STUDIES’ COMMUNITY GRANTS PROGRAM
– Press Release: September 1, 2022
BEING CALLED TO THE ORDINARY IN THESE EXTRAORDINARY TIMES
– CTS blog post: April 2, 2020
THE IMPORTANCE OF RELATIONSHIPS
-Training and Counseling Center (TACC) blog, March 2020
LOCKED OUT: A LESSON ON EMBODYING GRACE
– Vantage article Fall 2019 (pp. 25-27)
LOCAL ECO-JUSTICE LEADER HONORED WITH PRESBYTERIANS FOR EARTH CARE AWARD CONTRIBUTED BY KAREN WEBSTER
– Press Release: August 29, 2019
PRESBYTERIAN WOMEN FUND JOINT COMMUNITY GARDENING EFFORT
– Press Release: April 4, 2018
COLUMBIA SEMINARY RECEIVES WABASH GRANT FOR “EXERCISING OUR FAITH” PROJECT
– Press Release: January 20, 2018
SEMINARY ANNOUNCES NEW GRANT FOR COMMUNITY GARDEN, EXPANDS PARTNERSHIP WITH GLOBAL GROWERS NETWORK
– Press Release: March 11, 2017
– Vantage article (pg. 4&5)
HSHC PARTNERSHIP WITH CTS LIBRARY
– Vantage article Spring 2016 (pg. 5&6)
A Healthy Church Starts With Healthy Seminarians: How one seminary takes a preemptive strike on unhealthy clergy trends by Mary Boland
– Church Health Reader Spring 2016
Webster, Karen H. “Genesis 1: A Call to Clean Up our Act!”
– Georgia Interfaith Power and Light Blog, Apr. 23, 2015.
Cooking Demonstration on the show “Grow” aired Aug. 6, 2017
– Atlanta Interfaith Broadcast (starting at 16:16)
Cooking Demonstration and Interview on the show “Grow” aired Oct. 1, 2017
– Atlanta Interfaith Broadcast (starting at 16:42)
HSHC, along with our partners, work to improve the health of seminarians, congregations, and the world.
“As a theological librarian, I am aware that very little research exists on the health of seminarians which makes the work of HSHC so vital. Bringing awareness on the importance of health in all its definitions is one reason that the John Bulow Campbell Library partners regularly with HSHC. This partnership provides an integrated approach to helping seminarians learn and practice healthy habits during their seminary career and hopefully during their lifetime.”
Dr. Kelly D. Campbell
Associate Dean for Information Services and
Director of John Bulow Campbell Library
Columbia Theological Seminary