Recipes (Healthy for You and Your Budget)
- Creating your own vegetable broth is quick, easy, reduces food waste, and can save you money!
- Other ways to utilize fruit and vegetable scrap (plus, another kitchen scrap vegetable broth recipe): How to Use Food Scraps to Reduce Kitchen Waste
- These are inexpensive, easy, tasty, and healthy. Plus, the more beat up the banana the better!
- 6-ingredients: Don’t have applesauce? You can use 2 TBSP plant-based milk instead.
- 2(ish) ingredients: We did a “taste test” and found that we like this recipe (bananas + oats + plus a pinch of salt) better than the 6-ingredient (tastes more like banana bread than a cookie).
- A great way to consume fruit without the addition of sugar, which allows the natural sweetness of the fruit to shine through.