Mint Ginger (Kashayam) Tea
Kashayam is an Ayurvedic tea brewed with whole spices to boost immunity among other health benefits.
- 16 oz water
- 2 sprigs mint (12-18 medium/large leaves)
- 1 tsp ginger (fresh, finely chopped or grated)
- ¼ tsp coriander (whole seeds)
- ½ cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp raisins (chopped)
- 6 whole walnuts
- Chop ginger into tiny pieces and chop raisins (if using).
- Heat water to a boil.
- Using a tea pot or cooking pot, pour water over mint leaves, ginger, coriander seeds, cinnamon stick, and raisins.
- Cover and steep for 3-5 minutes.
- Garnish with 3 walnuts.*
- The original recipe recommends serving this with 3 walnuts because the natural fats in walnuts (and other nuts) appear to increase the bioavailability of fat-soluble phytonutrients found in plants.
Adapted from: NutritionScience.in